Niveau d'etude: Non precise
Localité: Somalie / Mogadiscio
Date limite: 2022-10-25
Recrutement de 01 GIS DEVELOPER (SC5)
Niveau d'études: Non précisé
Expérience: Non précisé
Expire le: 25-10-2022
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, ...), Projet/programme de développement
Job Description - GIS DEVELOPER (SC5) (2202717)
Job Description: 2202717
GIS DEVELOPER (SC5)
Closure Date: 13/Oct/2022, 11:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FRSOM - FAO Representation in Somalia
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Somalia-Mogadiscio
Duration: 6 Months
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The key mission of the FAO Representation in Somalia, which is led by the FAO Representative (FAOR), is to assist and support the national government in developing policies, strategies and programme aimed at accelerating the implementation and achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in FAO's global mandate and strategic objectives.
More specifically, FAO's response aims to address national needs and priorities in achieving food security, reducing hunger and malnutrition, developing agricultural, fishery and forestry sectors, ensuring the sustainable use of environmental and natural resources and responding to recurrent emergencies.
The current portfolio of activities of the FAO Representation in Somalia includes a wide scope of technical support interventions ranging from policy support through livestock and crop production to natural resource management, Nutrition, value chain, food security analysis and water and land information management. FAO is also implementing several emergency, resilience-building, and development interventions, with the support of its five field offices and close to 400 staff in partnership with the Federal and State line ministries.
The position is under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Somalia, the direction of the Chief Technical Advisor and the direct supervision of the Remote Sensing/GIS Team Leader.
The GIS Developer will be responsible for developing scripts to be used in analysis of geospatial datasets and satellite imagery, generating information on land and water sources, supporting agricultural/livestock/water infrastructure monitoring including change detection and environmental monitoring activities.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Contribute to the development of SWALIM Geospatial online web portal (GeoNode).
• Maintain and support data publication in GeoNode with the help of GIS/RS team to ensure all datasets are updated and well documented.
• Assist in development of GIS web applications and geoprocessing tools.
• Provide maintenance and support of the Database and Geospatial Servers.
• Assist in quality assurance checks on SWALIM’S GIS Web based systems and recommend updates or new technology when applicable.
• Develop tools to automate processing of remote sensing data including image classification, support onscreen digitization, extraction of features and generation of tabular information to support SWALIM and other FAO Somalia sectors.
• Assist in producing scripts for image processing and analysis through Google Earth Engine and other web based geospatial platforms.
• Develop tools for geospatial data analysis using open source software, including QGIS.
• Design and implement data work-flow processes for web GIS applications.
• Document and develop user manuals for all GIS/RS applications developed.
• Develop, document, and deliver GIS trainings.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the RS/GIS Team Leader and/or by SWALIM CTA.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University Degree in Geographic Information System, Information management and Database Management, Mapping or any other intensive training / post graduate course on above-mentioned related fields.
• At least 2 years of relevant experience in GIS application development and geospatial data analysis and 1 year of work experience in remote sensing data interpretation.
• Working knowledge (level C) of the FAO official language used for communication within the country (English) and working knowledge of the local language(s) is required.
• National of Somalia.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Experience in implementation and follow up of the emergency agriculture and cash transfer programme activities
• Experience in effective preparation and management of the emergency agriculture georeferenced database and appropriate information shared whenever needed
• Track record of timely verification of e-vouchers and proper documentation of evidence of proper execution of the programme or discrepancies in vouchers
• Demonstrated ability to use image interpretation software and GIS/RS packages (e.g. ArcGIS, QGIS)
• Experience with cloud-based geospatial platforms, especially Google Earth Engine.
• Experience with Open Source GIS Software, Standards, SDKs and APIs like GeoServer, MapServer, OpenLayers, Leaflet
• In-depth knowledge about GIS data formats like shapefiles, and geospatial exchange data formats such as KML, GML, GeoJSON.
• Familiarity with the Software Development tools including Git and GitHub.
• Experience with development of AI/ML is a strong asset.
• Knowledge of Environmental Sciences would be an advantage.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision and effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
Niveau d'etude: BAC + 4 |
Localité: Burkina Faso / FADA N'GOURMA |
Date limite: 2022-12-20
Poste à pourvoir Coordinateur Terrain-Zone Est et Centre-Est
Nombre de poste 01
Lieu d'affectation Fada N'Gourma
Structure recruteur Action Contre la Faim
Structure Bénéficiaire Action Contre la Fa ...
Niveau d'etude: Non precise |
Localité: République démocratique du Congo / Lubumbashi |
Date limite: 2022-12-11
Recrutement de 01 Administrateur(rice) Communication pour le développement et le changement social
Job no: 557653
Contract type: Temporary Appointment
Duty Station: Lubumbashi
Location: D ...
Niveau d'etude: Non precise |
Localité: Mozambique / Maputo |
Date limite: 2022-12-02
Recrutement de 01 Driver
Job no: 557674
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Duty Station: Beira
UNICEF works in some of the world’s tough ...